We're a growing company with exciting prospects and a huge amount of work to do. We need people wanting to join us on the exciting journey of growing a small company to a big company. We're well on our way to achieving this, and the more progress we make, the more people we need.
Sales Executive / New Business Consultant
Based in Ashlea Gardens, Pretoria.
Market related salary and excellent incentive plan.
Overall role responsibility
To market and sell all products and services to new clients in order to achieve agreed sales ad-hoc and annuity targets, as well as to nurture clients within the designated portfolio to maximise the client relationship to mutual benefit.
- Engage with clients on a regular basis to maintain sound relationships.
- Act as primary contact between clients and Antfarm for the stipulated period, for purposes of:
- negotiating prices within the agreed parameters
- providing customised solutions
- Market products and services in the region(s) to achieve agreed ad-hoc and annuity sales targets.
- Communicate concerns relating to service delivery to the applicable people and ensures resolution thereof.
- Adhere to process within the Sales Execution Framework, and deliver on the expectations set out in this framework.
- Stay abreast of and informs the Sales Manager of changing market and competitor trends.
- Report sales statistics and activity to the Sales Manager on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a current and updated database on all clients in own portfolio.
- Keep informed of industry-specific knowledge.
- Provide customised solutions through an in-depth understanding of specific client needs relating to the solutions we provide
- Prepare and presents business proposals to potential clients as required.
- Account management with a view to upselling and cross-selling to client base over time
- Meet all sales targets and sales activities required to achieve targets and to contribute to the overall Antfarm culture and value system
Minimum requirements expected from all applicants
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum education qualification of Grade 12
- 10 years Enterprise sales experience in a related services or industry of which at least 3 years is in a business-to-business and technical sales role
- Own car, valid drivers license
- Maturity, professionalism and experience with medium to large corporates
- Must agree to credit, criminal, job history and qualification verifications
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Cx engagement within organisations
Key competencies required
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Ability to understand client requirements and specify an appropriate solution for their business
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work with senior decision makers (CIO, Tech Director, CEO)
- Strong self image, great professional image
- Planning and organising skills
- Courteous, able to build trust, strong sense of integrity
- Self motivation
- Committed to ongoing learning
- Follow through, good completer
- Must have Excel, Work and Powerpoint skills – ability to customise or create quotes, presentations and proposals
- Strong reporting skills
All CVs to be forwarded to t firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11 November 2016 at close of business. Please clearly stipulate the position being applied for. Copies of qualifications (not training certificates) to be attached, and at least three recent references must be included. References provided must be contactable, and should be previous managers / supervisors to whom the applicant reports.
Recruitment process : What to expect
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an MIE indemnity form in order for qualification verification, prior employment and criminal checks to be conducted. At least two scheduled interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates. All candidates must present six months proof of earnings and sales performance on request in order to be shortlisted. Antfarm may conduct skills assessments on shortlisted candidates.
Based in Ashlea Gardens, Pretoria.
Market related salary with incentive.
- 1. Project contractors required immediately : Short term, project-based contracts (1 – 6 months)
- 2. Long term contract from January 2017 : Long term, fixed term 12 – 24 month contract
- Matric (Grade 12) Certificate, and
- Qualification from a recognized tertiary institution – preference will be given to persons with a degree requiring 3 to 4 years of study in the field of computer science or engineering.
- 4 - 7 years of experience as a software developer / engineer, having worked on a project basis as a member of a development team.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the practice of a modern software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology e.g. Agile, RAD, Spiral etc.
At least 4 years of development experience and demonstrable working competence in a blend of the following programming languages is required (in order of priority):
- Experience in the following languages would be highly advantageous:
o Python / ROR / Perl
Development experience and demonstrable working competence in a blend of the following web-based technologies / methodologies is required (in order of priority):
- Client-server programming: 4+ years of working experience
- HTML: 4+ years of working experience
- CSS: 4+ years working experience
- AJAX: 3+ years of working experience
- JQuery: 3+ years of working experience
- AngularJS: 2+ years of working experience
- MySQL: 4+ years of working experience or,
- MS SQL: 4+ years of working experience
Web / Application Servers
- IIS: 4+ years of working experience
- Apache: 1+ years of working experience
Platform / Operating System
- Microsoft Windows: 4+ years working experience
- Linux: 2+ years working experience
Knowledge of the working principles and proficiency in the application of LAN and Internet technologies/protocols, including (but not limited to):
- Ethernet, IP, UDP/TCP, HTTP, SSL/HTTPS, FTP, RDP
- 4 – 7+ years of experience a software / application development environment as below:
o Adherence to and practice of the SDLC
o Software / Application design and specification planning
o Technical design and workflow documentation
o Maintenance of source code repositories and version tracking
o Staging, debugging and deployment of projects
o Determining deployed application metrics, identifying shortcomings, planning upgrades
o Recommendations on purchases / acquisitions
Proficiency with installing, basic administration/maintenance of development servers, including:
- Windows Server (2008, 2012)
- Linux (Debian, Slackware or other)
Proficiency with installing, administering and maintaining application and database servers, including:
- MySQL, Internet Information Server (IIS).
Experience or the willingness and ability to upskill on the following:
- Microsoft Windows Media Services, WOWZA, Drupal CMS, IIS Smoothing streaming
- Encryption and certificate technologies and application thereof
- Content Management systems / methodologies
Proficiency in the use of the MS Office product suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio
- The prospective candidate must have a driver’s license and their own transport.
- The candidate must be able to travel to and from the office in Ashlea Gardens, Pretoria. The candidate must also be willing to travel by car to client locations around Gauteng, and by car or air to client locations around the country, mainly Cape Town, Durban with possible overnight stays, as required from time to time.
- The candidate must have the ability to operate in a small business environment.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical clients face-to-face.
- Ability to remain in control, communicating self-control and self-confidence verbally and with body language during delivery or presentation of live, real time services or proposals under direct scrutiny of clients while in pressure situations.
The responsibilities outlined in this section are what we need from you on day one, or soon thereafter.
Software Development Practice
o You will be responsible for software related development at Antfarm and thereby be intimately involved in driving innovation in areas of product development and system integration.
o You will initially be expected to implement / develop software (in the short term). In anticipation of accelerated company growth (in the medium term), you will be expected to assist with the management of a development team as the software development needs of the company scale based on growth.
Software Development Projects
o Specific projects have been identified for this role from day one; these will be elaborated on during the interview phase;
o On some projects your role will be to assist other Antfarm team members to complete various aspects of a project; on other projects you will be given full responsibility for completion of the project.
All CVs to be forwarded to email@example.com by Friday 11 November 2016 at close of business. Please clearly stipulate the position being applied for. Copies of qualifications (not training certificates) to be attached, and at least two recent references must be included. References provided must be contactable, and should be previous managers / supervisors to whom the applicant reports.
Recruitment process : What to expect
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an MIE indemnity form in order for qualification verification, prior employment and criminal checks to be conducted. At least two scheduled interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Recent payslips will be required before an offer can be made. Antfarm may conduct skills assessments on shortlisted candidates.